We put the unity in "opportunity"
We are in immediate need for a Right of Way (ROW) Lease Analyst to work in the Houston, TX. Position is based on the North West side of town.
The Right of Way Lease Analyst must have experience reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting the terms and conditions of real property contracts and other legal agreements. This position supports Land, Operations, Financial Reporting, Audit, Legal, Commercial, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Facilities, and Tax in the management of real property leases and term agreements.
- Education: BA or BS
- Previous experience with contracts and document management databases required. Midstream Energy (ROW) experience preferred
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite required
- Proficiency with digital mapping software such as Google Earth, ArcGIS, etc. preferred
- Previous experience with Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of land principles and their application with the ability to analyze land data for the entry into company land application
- Strong analytical, and communication skills with an aptitude for detailed and precise work.
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail, as well as flexibility to adapt and prioritize, as needed, to changing workloads
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving skills, and effective time management skills
- Analyze and interpret the terms, conditions, and special provisions of existing and new real property leases and other legal agreements involving Company assets. Discuss any unusual provisions with Land Manager
- Initiate and prepare lease renewals and lease terminations, including those with certain government entities such as Texas General Land Office, Port of Houston Authority, State of Louisiana, and State of New Mexico
- Provide interpretation and reporting of contract rights and obligations to Land, Operations, Financial Reporting, Audit, Legal, Commercial, Accounting, Facilities, and Tax
- Set up and maintain lease and receivable electronic and hard-copy files, with relevant correspondence, payment information, maps, and title work along with agreement documents
- Set up new suppliers (payees) by working with Land Representatives, landowners, and Accounts Payable to obtain necessary information. Upon setup, enter supplier information in company land application, including dividing interests appropriately
- Obtain correct account coding for real property leases and update company Land application as needed.
- Process and review physical and digital lease files for monthly payment reports, and utilize company land application and Oracle to request and issue payments
- Interface with Land Representatives to research pipeline facility/system/and project information to link real property leases and term agreements to appropriate Operations area
- Calculate Consumer Price Index (or other indices) adjustments for real property lease payments
- Interface with Landowners via telephone, email, or letter correspondence to resolve changes in ownership or questions regarding real property lease and term agreement payments. Monitor paperwork to ensure all documentation, including title, is in order on new Landowners
- Other duties as assigned
The Bergaila Way:
The Bergaila Companies is a nationally recognized leader in providing staffing services to all sectors of the energy industry. We continually focus on partnering with talented professionals, engineering the perfect fit between our clients and employees. Choosing a career path with Bergaila grants you immediate access to nationally recognized organizations we partner with. Bergaila consistently attracts and retains its Employees with our dedicated internal service team, top tier benefits programs for contractors and their families, and commitment to place you in the desired career of your choice.
Our client is one of Noth America's largest Midstream Oil & gas companies. A publicly traded company they are a leading provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGL's), crude oil, and refined products/petrochemicals.