We put the unity in "opportunity"
We are currently seeking an I&E Technician for a prominent exploration and production company with Operations based in the Carlsbad, NM area.
- Perform skilled I&E Technician duties involving, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing Facilities instrumentation, controls and electrical systems
- Perform basic calibration on various forms of instrumentation, pressure transmitters, flow transmitters, differential pressure transmitters, temperature instruments, and control valves
- Perform basic checks and repairs on electrical equipment, motors, motor starters, circuit breakers, relays, UPS systems, VFD’s, BMS systems and meters
- Ensure that all Instrumentation and Electrical Maintenance work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with the Facilities Safety procedures
- Work with Facilities Mechanics and Operations on equipment repairs
- Manage I&E maintenance work within the Facilities to ensure that the work is performed in accordance with the Safe/Hot Work Permits and all Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Work with various I&E instruments, testers, meters, tools and equipment
- Direct Report to the I&E Foreman
- Must report all Facilities Maintenance issues to the Facilities Foreman
- Ensure that Facilities Operators are kept aware of all maintenance work and maintenance issues within the Facilities
- Must be familiar with Facilities overall processes
- Will be required to work overtime, and be on an On-call rotation
- Must attend and be active in all Safety meetings
- Must have the ability to work alone and perform Maintenance work
- Must have a valid and current State of Texas Driver's License
- Will be required to drive a contract company vehicle and must have a driving record that meets contract company and Client's standards.
- Must be dependable and punctual in attendance
- Must have positive demeanor and ability to work with others under sometime hectic and stressful conditions
- Technical Degree Preferred
- At least 3-7 years’ experience as an Instrument Technician
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Environment: Both Indoors and Outdoors. Possible exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and gases
In performing outside duties, may be exposed to extreme heat or cold climate conditions
- Must be able to work around High Voltage Electrical Equipment
- Mobility: the employee is regularly required to sit, kneel, crouch, or crawl and handle large items
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee must be able to climb and work at heights
- Vision: Visual acuity to perform I&E Technician duties
- Other Factors: Will be required to work extended hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
The Bergaila Way:
The Bergaila Companies is a nationally recognized leader in providing staffing services to all sectors of the energy industry. We continually focus on partnering with talented professionals, engineering the perfect fit between our clients and employees. Choosing a career path with Bergaila grants you immediate access to nationally recognized organizations we partner with. Bergaila consistently attracts and retains its Employees with our dedicated internal service team, top tier benefits programs for contractors and their families, and commitment to place you in the desired career of your choice.
Our Client is an American energy company operating principally in the U.S. and Canada, that specializes in the drilling and production of unconventional oil and natural gas assets. Our client has a reputation for efficient resource development, environmental stewardship and community involvement, with a drive to meet the growing challenges of the domestic natural gas industry.