We put the unity in "opportunity"
We have an opening for a Process Engineer to work in the the downtown Houston, TX area.
- Prioritize, organize and efficiently complete daily work requirements for ever-changing external customer inquiries as well as internal customers
- Prepare accurate calculations, some of which are non-standard, PFDs, P&IDs, proposal estimates, and specifications on-time and within budget
- Respond to client needs in a timely manner with technically sound positions
- Calculate material and heat balance data for specified technology
- Calculate flow requirements and size piping and pumps in accordance with industry practices, MPT standards and Customer standards (where applicable)
- Fill in process and materials data on equipment datasheets
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams for specified technology
- Conduct P&ID walk downs of Client manufactured technologies
- Validate calculations, material and heat balance data, equipment sizing and equipment datasheet information prepared by other Process Engineers
- Utilize specified software, models and spreadsheets to size proprietary equipment
- Develop Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) for specified technology
- Assist Principal and Senior Process Engineers developing assigned project deliverables
- Achieve individual performance goals that are set by Supervisor
- Continuously improve our commitment to excellence in Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security performance
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor of Engineering degree required
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience working in a refinery, petrochemical, gas processing, E&C company or related industry required
- Specialized software or other knowledge such as Promax, ChemCad, Microsoft Office preferred
- Engineering background in refinery or petrochemical environment with an understanding of PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment and instruments sizing, and development of basic engineering packages preferred
- Process simulation experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather data, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment. Position requires providing support to a variety of departments and levels within the organization
The Bergaila Way:
The Bergaila Companies is a nationally recognized leader in providing staffing services to all sectors of the energy industry. We continually focus on partnering with talented professionals, engineering the perfect fit between our clients and employees. Choosing a career path with Bergaila grants you immediate access to nationally recognized organizations we partner with. Bergaila consistently attracts and retains its Employees with our dedicated internal service team, top tier benefits programs for contractors and their families, and commitment to place you in the desired career of your choice.
Our Client is a global leader in the full service treatment and removal in caustic substances, as well as providing process technology, engineering and equipment to the oil and gas industry. When it comes to the beneficial reuse and recycling of spent caustics, our client leads the way, turning would-be waste into viable and valuable commodities.