We are currently seeking a Jr. to Mid- level Piping Designer with 3- 5 years of experience and a proficiency in Cadworx design software for a contract opportunity with a prominent multi- discipline design firm based out of Bellingham, WA.
The Piping Designer is primarily responsible for the preparation of 3D modeling of equipment and piping systems using AutoCAD & Cadworx design software. The selected candidate will be developing equipment location drawings, detailed piping drawings and isometric drawings.
The Piping Designer is also responsible for:
- Assisting in the generation of process, mechanical and piping deliverables on multiple projects; taking direction from a Piping Lead
- Verifying 3D modeling in Cadworx
- Comparing design basis documents to the final work products; acting as a reference for technical piping design best practices
- Learning from errors and capitalizing on learning opportunities; identifying areas of concern and/or needs for clarification to Piping Lead
- High School Diploma or GED; an Associate's Degree in Computer- Aided Design or related field is a plus
- 3- 5+ years of experience in piping design and 3D modeling, with prior work in a downstream, oil and gas project environment strongly preferred
- Prior experience with pipe walk- downs, field walk- downs and field piping isometric sketches
- Working knowledge of the development of piping systems, their operability and constructability; knowledge of the selection of materials for corrosion resistance and/or compatibility
- Working knowledge of ISOGEN; knowlege of national standards, including ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx Plant Professional, P&ID Professional, Navisworks design software