We are currently seeking an US Inspector II for a contract opportunity with an established manufacturing and engineering services company in Williston, ND. Our client is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services for the oil, gas and manufacturing industries.
This position runs in 12 hr shifts, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
*Hourly pay rate: $17.50/hour*
*** Training will be provided ***
The US Inspector II is primarily responsible for the inspection of raw materials, parts and finished products to ensure conformance with ISO and API specifications, using precision measuring instruments. The selected candidate ensures our client's materials and products are in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality, performance and are not damaged.
The US Inspector II is also responsible for:
- Inspecting raw material, parts and/or manufactured finished products for visual or surface defects, such as cracks, pits and damages to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Making acceptance or rejection decisions on raw materials, parts and/or finished products; referring all questionable cases to Supervisor
- Ensuring that non- conforming products are identified, recorded and controlled; identifying and separating rejected components, interpreting test results and working with production to assure that corrective action is taken on defective items
- Verifying specified dimensions of a product or material by using precision instruments, including micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gauges
- Performing hands- on, 3D visual and mechanical inspections and evaluations of machined parts and assemblies
- Performing ongoing general housekeeping and daily clean- up activities in the work area; understanding and following quality standard work procedures
- Participating in continuous process improvement and cost control, following all quality policies, procedures and standards
- Maintaining inspection records; completing inspection and non- conformance reports, as needed
- Setting up, testing and adjusting inspection equipment to ensure accuracy
- Other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2- 3+ years of hands- on experience in mechanical inspection and/or shop maintenance, with prior work in a manufacturing shop strongly preferred
- Seeking hard working, committed individuals that can pass background/drug screenings.
- Overhead Crane or Forklift exp.