We are currently seeking an I&C Technician for a long- term assignment with a prominent Midland- based independent exploration and production company.
For this position, the selected candidate must:
- Have an active ISA Certification
- Be self- motivated
- Be a team player
- Be organized and professional
The I&C Technician will be assigned to the calibration shop and be responsible for the calibration, testing and documentation of instrumentation and automation equipment, ensuring accuracy and functionality prior to installation by others in the field.
The selected candidate will be working with equipment used to monitor and control oil and gas equipment and checking/certifying equipment that comes in from the field, including pressure transmitters, flow instruments, temperature transmitters, density devices and control valves.
- Calibrating electronic monitoring and control equipment; diagnosing and repair equipment failures
- Working with Gas Analyzers, including CO2, H20 and H2S
- The construction, installation and configuration for our client's Total Flow Meters for base meter setup, flow control setup, pressure control setup and multi- meter setup
- Working with Allen- Bradley PLC and Rocklink 800 Configurations
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate's Degree in Electronics and/or relevant training preferred
- 10+ years of hands- on, instrument technician experience, with prior field work on oil and gas projects; with functional checkout and calibration experience
- Experience with cryo- plants, compressor stations, production facilities and well pad facilities is a plus
- Must have prior experience in the construction, installation and configuration of Total Flow Meters for base meter setup, flow control setup, pressure control setup and multi-meter setup
- Working knowledge of Allen- Bradley PLC and Rocklink 800 Configurations
- Strong working knowledge of oil and gas production systems and process flow, associated electrical systems and instrument components, including power generation and distribution; strong working knowledge of Gas Analyzers, including CO2, H20 and H2S
- Must have an active ISA Certification