We are seeking an Central Utility Plant Mechanical Technician for assignment in San Jose, California. The selected candidate will perform a wide variety of skilled, pro-active, preventative, and complex equipment maintenance duties in support of the site Central Utility Plant (CUP), clean room manufacturing, Lab, and office environments.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 11:30pm
** This is a 2nd shift position **
** Work Schedule is 7 days on followed by 2 days off, they 8 days on followed by 4 days off **
- Performs building operations, preventive maintenance, equipment repairs, installations, and corrective maintenance on Central Utility Plant equipment such as boilers, chillers, chilled water pumps, condenser pumps, cooling towers, air compressors, boilers, and mechanical/HVAC equipment
- Performs daily chiller and boiler readings and submits reports as required
- Repairs piping systems including pumps, motors, and valves
- Inspects major systems and identifies operating problems, performs complex troubleshooting, and implements repairs
- Performs rounds and readings to ensure equipment is operating normally
- Performs building operations including building automation monitoring, alarm response, and implementation of corrective actions
- Maintains records for refrigerant loss/recovery
- Develops operational procedures and supports continuous improvement efforts for the site
- Performs confined space attendant duties
- Must complete an audiometric examination
- Must wear ANSI safety shoes composite toe and personal protective equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Daily and punctual attendance in the job site is required
- No travel required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent two-year college or technical school
- 5 to 10 years of HVAC/mechanical experience
- Experience working with high pressure steam boilers, centrifugal chillers, air handling units, cooling towers, air compressors, air dryers, heat exchangers, exhaust systems, VAV pneumatic controls, and building automation control systems.
- Capable of reading and understand blue prints and/or schematic diagrams.
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and the ability to retrieve PMs and enter PM data.
- Can read gauges, dials, monitoring equipment, and enter records into computer equipment and log sheets.
- Must be able to read and understanding repair manuals, specifications, drawings, and schematic diagrams.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, and Excel)
** Candidate must provide his/her own basic tools (screw drivers, wrenches, pliers, hammer, etc.) to perform work duties **