We are currently looking for an experienced HSE Specialist for a prominent international Operator in Anchorage, Alaska. Our client is the 4th largest exploration and production company worldwide, with operations in more than 30 countries and assets of $160 billion.
This is a 2/2 rotational position based on the North Slope of Alaska.
The HSE Specialist is primarily responsible for performing tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements. The selected candidate will serve as a technical resource by providing guidance and assistance to ensure compliance with HSE requirements.
The HSE Specialist is also responsible for:
- Assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community
- Assisting in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area
- Working with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place
- Recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential
- Participating in employee training, emergency preparedness and quality assurance programs
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the technical aspects of various regulatory requirements and how they may impact the operating unit
- Identifying HSE risks and offering mitigation strategies to the team
- Assessing field activities by conducting onsite audits and inspections to ensure HSE compliance
- Supporting construction activities with the Construction Management Group and contractors through active engagement in field activities
- 5-10+ years of HSE project experience within the Oil & Gas industry
- Professional working experience with construction safety regulations and their applicability to upstream oil and gas operations
- Experience working with third-party contractors to safely achieve business goals
- Prior project experience working in the Cook Inlet strongly preferred