We are currently looking for an experienced Drilling Supervisor / Superintendent with an Arctic Drilling background for a prominent Exploration & Production company on the North Slope of Alaska. Our client is the 4th largest E&P worldwide, with operations in more than 30 countries and assets of $160 billion.
This is a 2/2 rotational position located on the North Slope.
The Drilling Supervisor is primarily responsible for working to provide coordination of all aspects of Well Operations activities to ensure that wells are drilled in a safe, cost effective, and an environmentally responsible manner, adhering to all company core values, corporate fiduciary requisites and policies, and in-country legislation. The selected candidate will serve as a Special Projects Manager for various projects across the asset.
The Drilling Supervisor is also responsible for:
- Providing supervision of the day-to-day operations when carrying out drilling, completion, and well testing operations
- Reviewing and optimizing drilling programs / procedures in consultation with superintendent to ensure successful and efficient implementation of the drilling program
- Exercising leadership and judgment in dealing with emergencies; acting as an expert resource in well control situations
- Ensuring that equipment and procedures are in place to deal with emergencies and unexpected deviations from the well plan
- Identifying ways to reduce costs and improve work program effectiveness without sacrificing quality, production rates, or reserves
- 10+ years of Drilling Supervisiron and Project Management experience
- Drilling and Wells field experience including Drilling Supervision and Management
- Well Control Certification is a plus
- Prior project experience with heavy field work on the North Slope strongly preferred