We are currently seeking a Cadworx Piping Designer with a proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx Plant Professional for a prominent engineering and construction company based out of Concord, CA. Our client provides full-service engineering, design, procurement and project management services to the refining and petro- chemical industries.
The Piping Designer is primarily responsible for the preparation of 3D modeling of equipment and piping systems using AutoCAD & Cadworx design software. The selected candidate will be developing equipment location drawings, detailed piping drawings and isometric drawings.
The Piping Designer is also responsible for:
-Assisting in the generation of process, mechanical and piping deliverables on multiple projects; taking direction from a Piping Lead
- Verifying 3D modeling in Cadworx
- Comparing design basis documents to the final work products; acting as a reference for technical piping design best practices
- Learning from errors and capitalizing on learning opportunities; identifying areas of concern and/or needs for clarification to Piping Lead
- High School Diploma or GED; an Associate's Degree in Computer- Aided Design or related field is a plus
- 6-15 years + of experience in piping design and 3D modeling, with prior work in a down, mid, or upstream oil and gas project environment required
- Prior experience with pipe walk- downs, field walk- downs and field piping isometric sketches
- Working knowledge of the development of piping systems, their operability and constructability; knowledge of the selection of materials for corrosion resistance and/or compatibility
- Working knowledge of ISOGEN; knowledge of national standards, including ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx Plant Professional is a must, along with P&ID Professional, Navisworks design software preferred