We are currently seeking an Automation / E&I Technician for a long- term assignment with a prominent Midland- based independent exploration and production company.
This position will primarily execute field installs of various automation instruments/transmitters as well as download, troubleshoot, and modify RTU and PLC configurations to fit the current need.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Plan and conduct independent work to coordinate field labor with Automation and SCADA Engineers.
- Understanding of P&IDs, electrical processes, and cause & effect matrix.
- Implement and maintain remote communications equipment (900Mhz – 5.8Ghz Radios, cell modems, VSAT).
- Regular monitoring of SCADA systems or other control systems to determine potential problems with field instruments or hardware
- Calibration and verification of field instruments to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Assist Automation and SCADA engineers in troubleshooting of systems from the field.
- Provide on-call support to various clients’ automation and SCADA systems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical Degree Preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience as an automation, instrumentation, or process controls technician