We are currently seeking a Cadworx Piping Designer with a proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx for a prominent Refining Company with Operations in Woods Cross, UT. Our client is one of the largest indepenent Refiners in the Continental US with subsidiaries of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, heavy products and specialty lubricant products.
The Piping Designer is primarily responsible for the preparation of 3D modeling of equipment and piping systems using AutoCAD & Cadworx design software. The selected candidate will be developing equipment location drawings, detailed piping drawings and isometric drawings.
The Piping Designer is also responsible for:
- Assisting in the generation of process, mechanical and piping deliverables on multiple projects; taking direction from a Piping Lead
- Verifying 3D modeling in Cadworx
- Comparing design basis documents to the final work products; acting as a reference for technical piping design best practices
- Learning from errors and capitalizing on learning opportunities; identifying areas of concern and/or needs for clarification to Piping Lead
- High School Diploma or GED; an Associate's Degree in Computer- Aided Design or related field is a plus
- 6-15 years + of experience in piping design and 3D modeling, with prior work in a down, mid, or upstream oil and gas project environment required
- Prior experience with pipe walk- downs, field walk- downs and field piping isometric sketches
- Working knowledge of the development of piping systems, their operability and constructability; knowledge of the selection of materials for corrosion resistance and/or compatibility
- Working knowledge of ISOGEN; knowledge of national standards, including ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Cadworx Plant Professional, is a must, along with P&ID Professional, Navisworks design software preferred