We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with onsite Refinery experience, to support a prominent Refining Company with Operations in Cheyenne, WY. Our client is one of the largest independent Refiners in the Continental US with subsidiaries of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, heavy products and specialty lubricant products.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for Mechanical and project support for our client's various projects, including but not limited to P&ID development, equipment configuration and specification, specifications and sizing, material requisition preparation and the development of engineering construction drawings. Prior experience working in chemical plants and/or refineries is required, along with a background with Mechanical equipment; Pumps, Storage Tanks, Vessels, Heaters, Piping, etc.
The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for:
- Obtaining a well- defined overall project scope of work from the project manager or client
- Approving all P&ID’s revised or created for his area of a project
- Reviewing all new and/or revised drawings, standards and specifications
- Approving all inquiries and requisitions for engineered/tagged equipment and instruments
- Initiating project change orders any time changes to scope affect the budget or schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10-15+ years of experience, with prior project work in chemical plants and/or refineries
- Certified Professional Engineer (P. E.) License is not required but preferred
- Must be willing to work in both a Field and Office Environment