We are currently seeking a Project Manager or Project Engineer with onsite Refinery experience, to support a prominent Refining Company with Operations in Woods Cross, UT. Our client is one of the largest indepenent Refiners in the Continental US with subsidiaries of gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, heavy products and specialty lubricant products.
For this position, Project Management of capital and operating projects ($500,000 up to $10+ MM) is required.
The Project Manager or Engineer is primarily responsible for providing Engineering support during project development by vetting resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, budgets, Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) documents, EHS impact and risk assessments for proposed developmental concepts, developing and reviewing technical scopes.
The Project Manager is also responsible for:
- Performing design calculations, as needed, and providing oversight to contractors in preparation for detailed Engineering design
- Proving input on technical reviews to ensure detailed Engineering meets standards; definining and reviewing technical specifications for equipment
- Leading completion of hazard, operability and maintainability reviews; coordinating preparation of environmental management plans with EHS
- Assisting with the preparation of resource forecasts (funding, equipment, materials, facilities, contractors, company personnel) and the Project Execution Plan; completing and supporting risk response plan; generating and reviewing construction packages
- Providing oversight of contract personnel assigned for engineering, design and construction of major capital projects; evaluating performance and recommending changes, as needed
- Developing and issuing monthly project status reports; conducting presentations to management to inform them of project progress, forecasted costs, and giving status of active project issues
- Collaborating with Procurement to develop and implement procurement and contracting strategies to meet project requirements; defining technical specifications for equipment and materials acquisition; providing input into contractor pre- qualification process; supporting technical and commercial evaluation of bids and award of contracts for equipment, materials and construction services; providing technical oversight to equipment manufacturing and quality assurance
- Ensuring timely and comprehensive completion of all mechanical, civil, structural, process, instrument and electrical Engineering and design; conducting design reviews with refinery and logistics personnel and manages resulting action items; providing technical oversight of construction activities including field change review and endorsement; provides management support to construction activities
- Reviewing our client's and industry engineering standards to ensure compliance; addressing, resolving and documenting Engineering standards deviations with corporate Subject Matter Experts (SME); ensuring compliance with refinery policies and procedures including stewardship of project management of change (MOC)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of progressive Engineering experience within a refinery, petro- chemical, or downstream related industry
- 5- 10+ years of Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience leading major capital projects with a total installed cost of $5-10+ MM