We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Designer for a multi-disciplined design and project management consultancy based in Houston, TX.
The Electrical Designer is primarily responsible for developing electrical drawings for construction packages on assigned projects.
The Electrical Designer is also responsible for:
- Producing, reviewing and supervising deliverables for technical quality, accuracy and required compliance with client specs, codes, standards, etc.
- Meeting deadlines, managing priorities, discovering issues and finding solutions
- Discussing technical problems; communicating and working effectively with the team, immediate supervisor and other project personnel
- Providing leadership and technical support clarification and interpretation of task code and standards requirements for all electrical design activities on projects, ranging from small brownfield refinery work to major grassroots projects
- Developing electrical work scopes, work approaches, estimates and manpower schedules to meet established budgets and goals
- 10+ years of electrical design experience within the Oil and Gas industry
- Offshore EPC project background
- Proficiency using AutoCAD 3D
- Working knowledge of all areas of electrical design, (i.e. One-lines, Area Classification, Grounding, Schematics, Cable Tray Plans, Power and Wire, Lighting, etc.)