We are currently seeking for an experienced Engineering Manager with previous Supervision/Personnel Management experience for a permanent/direct hire position in Gardner, MA.
The Engineering Manager will direct the operations of the engineering group and participate in important project and company technical decisions. He/She will also participate in and supervise a variety of project engineering designs, along with overseeing the daily operations of a multi-disciplinary engineering group.
Major roles/responsibilities of the Engineering Manager position:
- Manage/Supervise multi-disciplinary Engineering Group with a team size of 10-20 from various disciplines
- Candidate needs to have exemplary communication skills both written and verbal that will be utilized not only internally but across interactions with client customers
- Define and implement Engineering Standards for design, documentation, reporting, etc.
- Prioritize and direct engineering work efforts and assist with resource leveling
- Manage engineering staff goals, career development & performance reviews
- Develop & mentor junior engineering staff
Senior Project Engineering
- Serve as Technical Lead and/or Senior Reviewer on designated projects & proposals.
- Provide senior engineering review for various engineering work products, critical project decisions, major capital purchases, and other important company decisions
- Lead engineering efforts on critical project tasks.
- Lead or supervise project engineering duties including preparation of design work plans and drawings including site and well field layout, mechanical equipment and piping layout, process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), electrical single-line drawings, as well as utility load calculations.
- Engineering work may also include preparing construction and equipment specifications, component level detailing and equipment procurement
- Professional Engineer registration (in any state) required
- BS degree in Engineering; MS in engineering discipline preferred. Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical will also be considered.
- 10 years’ experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 4 years group supervision/personnel management experience in a project-driven company
- Environmental remediation experience preferred
- Some relocation asistane will be provided
- Valid driver’s license
Some domestic and international travel may be required (typically less than 2-3 weeks, depending on project needs)