We are currently seeking a Measurement Technician for a direct position with a leading midstream services firm in Watford City, ND. Our client owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets.
The Measurement Technician will be responsible for:
- Having basic knowledge of field measurement
- Having ability to calibrate, troubleshoot and, inspect flow computers (Total flows, Omni)
- Responsible for calibrating, and inspecting USM
- Ability to inspect and replace orifice plates
- Having knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and calibrate Natural Gas Chromatographs and NGL Chromatographs.( Daniels and ABB)
- Be able to conduct 3rd party witness calibrations on high volume custody transfer meters, Chromatographs and witness liquid meter proving
- Inspect and identify problems with meter tubes
- Pull Natural Gas and NGL samples
- Have basic knowledge of Coriolis and turbine meter for liquid measurement
- Responsible for keeping track of monthly meter calibrations and annual certs
- Responsible for keeping track of balance in plant and pipelines and be able to identify possible balance issues in system
- Be able to identify gas quality issues within the system
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call outs as need to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant conditions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.