We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Engineer for a prominent Austin - based company. Our client specializes in all aspects of automation and information systems related to the production, transmission and processing of oil and gas products.
The Lead MES Engineer will act as an Architect, primarily responsible for leading the implementation of our client's Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and system integration solutions projects.
The Lead MES Engineer is also responsible for:
- Defining functional requirements for MES solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis; developing detailed designs, implementing and testing MES solutions that meet client requirements; developing documentation required for validated facilities
- Providing project execution leadership and mentoring fellow project members
- Working effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales
- Refining and following Business Process Maps and/or User Cases for configuration of execution workflows; developing and improving processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Working with customers to develop project methodologies that will enhance their standards; acting as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, and customer project teams and management
- Understanding the project scope and financials, and participating in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful project execution
- Planning and organizing the work of a project team, developing the implementation strategies for projects, acting as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolving issues within project teams
- Identifying change orders and justifying changes to Project Management; resolving issues and establishing priorities between projects
- Starting- up complex systems at customers’ plants; proactively developing customer relationships; anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 5- 10+ years of progressive experience working MES projects; deployment experience with plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions, including Syncade and/or Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X, etc.
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements preferred, including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering,
- Working experience with system compliance, batch record and data integrity; working experience creating user requirements for customers
- Proficiency in ERP and/or Quality Systems integration is preferred; experience with .NET technologies preferred