We are currently seeking a Fiber Utility Foreman with Fiber Transmission and Inspection experience for a long- term contract opportunity with a prominent Midland- based independent exploration and production company.
The Utility Foreman will be primarily responsible for crews installation of new cable lines, both underground and on poles, and also perform maintenance on existing cables, including evaluation tests and repairing old or malfunctioning cables. Oversee and ability to cut and splice fiber optic cables, locate problem areas and perform other repairs as needed.
The Utility Foreman is also responsible for:
- Oversight of new construction and upgrades
- Coordinate with field engineers
-Overseeing installing, repairing, maintaining and/or splicing primary and secondary underground conductors
- Setting and removing fiber equipment
-Responsible for splicing fiber, the installation Fiber Optic Networks as well as confirm accurate cable terminations on cross connect, patch panels.
-Supervise crews that work aloft and in close spaces, in a bucket truck, ladder, or climb utility poles; work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
-Maintain safe and secure work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Reading work orders, switching orders, circuit maps and/or note job changes on maps
- Driving and operating digger derricks, bucket trucks, forklifts and pole dollies; operating wire pullers and other associated highline equipment
- Performing other duties, as assigned
- 10 years Powerline experience
- 2-5 years project management experience
- Specialized in fiber tools (OTDR, Power Meter and Light Source, VFL, Fusion Splicer);
- Able to view and print traces
- Advanced trouble shooting skills
- Theory of telecom
- Strong Knowledge of Fiber Optic construction and maintenance
- Understand splice schematics.
- Proficient in Excel, word, outlook
- Transmission construction