We are currently seeking a IT Category Manager for a direct opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 70 countries.
Under broad direction, the IT Category Manager will be responsible for managing all of or a subset of commodities within a category consisting of several commodity groups, prioritizing initiatives, managing the implementation of the category strategy and supplier agreements, determining category and sub-category strategies, managing suppliers and their contracts, and measuring cost and benefits.
The IT Category Manager will also be responsible for:
- Market intelligence and category analysis by assessing external market conditions, identifying risk, and developing effective cost reduction models.
- Leading the business through decision making and champions opportunities to make necessary improvements.
- Managing a team of Category Specialists and Buyers.
- Must possess excellent project management, change management, collaboration, communication, contract/negotiations, and risk management skills in order to successfully coordinate supplier relationships and major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of experience in supply chain, field operations and/or project management
- Experience in IT category
- Prior leadership experience
- Strong communication skills with experience interfacing with various internal stakeholders
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong understanding of sourcing process
- Experience in contract generation