We are currently seeking a Mechanical QA/ Auditor with extensive oil & gas equipment inspection experience. Prior experience working for a major exploration and production company with operations in the Midland, TX area is strongly preferred.
This positions main responsibility is conducting the auditing of the Q/A.
The Mechanical QA/ Auditor is primarily responsible for completing shop- based inspections at locations across Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma and ensuring projects are in compliance with our client's company engineering and design specifications. The selected candidate is expected to facilitate safe, technically compliant site safety visits to fabrication facilities.
This individual will be auditing the following testing and procedures:
- Welder Certification (WPS)
- Non-Destructive Testing: NDE Personnel Certification, Radiographic Technique Sheet, and Radiographic Inspection Report for RT-MT-PT
- Hydrostatic Testing; must have the proven experience to read the hydrostatic chart, and that it meets engineering requirements.
- Project Weld Mapping; must have the proven experience to read the hydrostatic chart, and that it meets engineering requirements.
- Torqueing; must have the proven ability to audit the torqueing requirements for the project. This includes the torqueing maps of P&ID’s or isometric drawings.
- 10+ years of hands-on inspection experience within an oil and gas equipment fabrication environment, with prior work in a Client/Owner's Rep capacity
- Must have an active CWI Certification, NDT Certification
- An active NACE Certification a plus