We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Construction Manager for a long- term contract opportunity with a prominent Pipeline company based in Fairbanks, Alaska.
The Civil Construction Manager is responsible for assisting the APSC Project Manager in project execution planning and field implementation of multiple projects at various facilities on the pipeline. This position will be based in Fairbanks during planning and development with field assignments during implementation. This is a project schedule; frequent field assignments at remote facilities will be required. Candidate must be able to multi task and work on several projects at several locations.
Principle Functions include:
- Working with the Project Manager, develop Project Execution Plans with supporting documents which includes, but not limited to developing cost estimates, schedules, and work break down structures. Conduct constructability reviews and risk assessments.
- Read and interpret mechanical, electrical and civil engineering drawings.
- Provide day to day oversight over all field construction related activities to ensure that all phases of the project meet cost, schedule, regulatory, safety, quality, and operational requirements.
- Assist with engineering design efforts to include identifying and communicating specific and unique design requirements.
- Ensure the timely development of all work procedures and other documentation required for successful project execution. This includes working with the client in the development of temporary or safe operating procedures and with contractors in the development of safe project procedures.
- Provide oversight over all procurement activities.
- Coordinate on-site activities for other internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain active and continuous interface with the clients and ensure the final product is delivered in accordance with the agreed scope and objectives.
- Support the project engineer in turnover and close out deliverables.
- Support the project manager in scope, cost, and schedule development, progress reporting and forecasting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience pipeline, experience on TAPS highly preferred
- A minimum 10 years heavy Civil Construction Management experience
- Knowledge of APSC work management and control processes