We are currently seeking an HSE Manager for a direct opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 80 countries.
The HSE Manager role will support our client's supply chain business by implementing management systems within their Procurement, Materials and Logistics (PM&L) organization. PM&L is responsible for supplying vendor-sourced chemicals and equipment to field locations in over 80 countries, and are the driving force that makes our client a leading service provider in the oil and gas industry. As an HSE leader in their PM&L group, the HSE manager will have the opportunity to integrate safety and environmental safeguards as well as regulatory guidelines into our daily processes and see the global impact of their work.
Under joint supervision of operations and HSE leadership, the HSE manager is responsible for the implementation of health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
The responsibilities for this role will also include, but are not limited to:
- International dangerous goods shipping compliance (DOT, IATA, IMDG)
- Requirements regarding regional import/export of chemicals
- Anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazardous safety conditions and environmental risks incident reporting, investigation and causal analysis
- Waste minimization, pollution prevention and control
- Interpreting and applying internal and external standards in support of hazard and risk reduction and compliance
- Internal, regulatory, and customer audits and inspections
- Training and process improvement
- Additional compliance activities in all areas of HSE
- Bachelor’s Degree in HSE related field, Science, Engineering, or Business Management
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Management which includes experience in HSE Management.
- Experience in HSE Management Systems and Auditing
- Experience in Root Cause investigation techniques.
- Professional certification preferred
- Experience with APIQ2
- Experience with radioactive and explosives movement
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and regulatory process; the ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Strategic - Recognizes significant long-term opportunities for success and accompanying risks; considers a broad range of factors and alternatives and their implications for stakeholders; develops effective, profitable approaches
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials includes Global Harmonization, SDS (Safety Data Sheets), chemical labeling requirements, spill reporting, control methods, spill prevention, and chemical exposure, as well as the regulatory movement requirements(domestic and International) and storage of radioactive, explosives and chemicals
- Candidates should have experience and be comfortable communicating and presenting to high level executives