We are currently seeking a Project Design Engineer with downstream refinery and/or petro-chemical plant experience for a long- term contract opportunity with a leading industrial construction company specializing in project/construction scaffolding services and solutions, based out of Houston, TX.
The Project Design Engineer will serve as the central point for all matters related to the operations / project delivery teams within the Company. The viable candidate will have:
- A background in understanding and leading EPC proposals, bids, and project delivery.
- Resource management as it relates to project schedules and budgets will be a critical component of this role.
- Supervise and Manage Design Engineering Staff (approx. 15 team members)
- Will have capability to be Client Facing / Liason for clients on assigned projects, traveling on-site to projects as needed.
- Creating and reviewing budgets, schedules, forecasts, etc.
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- 10+ years related work experience as a Project Manager, Engineer, or in Construction Management
- EPC project experience is preferred
- Ability to work multi-class services on projects
- Experience in dealing / working with large Engineering & Construction Clients, as well as end Owner/Operating Companies
- Direct experience in leading EPC proposals, estimating experience, project bids, through project delivery strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 scheduling software, AutoCad design software is strongly preferred