We are currently seeking an IT Data Analytics Specialist for a prominent E&P company based in Houston, TX. A global Operator, our client specializes in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
The primary responsibility of the IT Analytics Specialist is the technical implementation of an enterprise class machine learning environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for constructing high quality computer based probabilistic models to answer business problems, providing technical recommendations in support of an machine learning roadmap, developing the infrastructure necessary to interact with models and establish sustainable methods for deployment and support of the models.
The successful candidate will work closely with an Asset, Functional Excellence, and IT teams on a variety of projects from framing through deployment and ongoing continuous improvement efforts. Work will include strategic reviews, profiling and scoring opportunities, data identification and cleansing, problem solving, process re-engineering and business engagement.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Interpreting key business problems and hypothesize/targets for improvement into actionable machine learning task
- Building and deploying Machine Learning infrastructure
- High performing Machine Learning models
- Providing statistical verification of model quality
- Easily accessible middleware layers for interactions with models
- Maintaining versions and documentation of model builds for backwards capability and audit purposes
- Organizing and monitoring support of models in production
- Analyzing and applying the results of the model to the business problem
- Conducting opportunity reviews to evaluate readiness, value, and delivery capabilities
- Understanding business process work flows and applicability to models
- Developing ETL and Data Repository solutions to support machine ,earning and analytics projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5-10 years significant and relevant E&P engineering experience
- High level of mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Familiarity with domain data and quality
- Innovator and Value Creator
- Good Problem solving techniques; critical and logical thinking
- Good communication skills; Ability to work with all levels of the organization and high level of interpersonal skills in managing team members and customer relationships
- Knowledge of oil & gas well lifecycle or at least significant areas, e.g. production engineering, operations, D&C, in conventional and unconventional assets. This includes understanding current business practices / processes, key technical and business challenges, and knowledge of workflows to other parts of the business.
- Lean training a plus
Strong understanding of cloud offerings specifically Azure
- Azure SQL
- Azure DW
- Azure Blob
- Azure Data Factory