We are currently seeking a Procedure Digitization Technician for a leading Hahnville, LA- based Operator. Our client’s portfolio of specialty chemicals, advanced materials and plastics delivers a broad range of technology- based products and solutions to high- growth sectors, including energy, water, coatings, electronics, oil and gas.
The Procedure Digitization Technician will be responsible for:
- Conversion of approximately 7,000 procedures from a Microsoft Word format into TracLabs Pride format, including:
- Analyzing the content of each procedure to determine assess what Pride functionality will be beneficial to facilitate the execution of the procedure.
- Identifying re-usable components of the procedure that may be extracted from the procedure and re-used, or imported into the procedure from previously identified components.
- Transferring the procedure content in accordance with formatting and style guidelines which will be provided.
- Tagging procedures with meta-data (e.g. type, procedure classification) as per guidelines which will be provided.
- Testing functionality of the procedures such as recordkeeping and automatic data capture, as required.
- Providing procedure drafts to unit personnel for their review, and addressing any feedback provided by unit personnel.
- Tracking of progress on procedure conversion.
- Updated document repositories (i.e. Web EDMS).
- Archiving converted procedures.
- Technical writing, especially related to development and editing of chemical plant procedures training.
- Coding in XML, and Microsoft EXCEL macros
- Familiarity with chemical plant operations
- Ability to collaborate with Chemical Plant Operators in order to:
- Assess needs and requirements in regard to facilitation of task execution by applying automation within procedures.
- Training in the use of digital procedures and the use of PRIDE software for using and modifying procedures.