We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager for a direct position with a pharmaceutical/ life science company.
Available positions are located in Philadelphia/Royersford, PA and Durham, NC area.
The Project Manager will lead diverse teams of professionals in the execution of medium and large sized DeltaV process automation and Syncade MES projects mainly focused in the Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical industries with the possibility of some projects in other batch related industries. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship with customers as well as the execution, performance and commercial success of the project while working in a team-orientated environment utilizing local and global project resources.
- Responsibilities also include managing all engineering and design services and the supply of the system hardware and software.
- As leader of the project execution team, the Project Manager is responsible for managing the customer relationship along with their expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Accountable for the commercial success, customer satisfaction and technical project execution and delivery of process automation and MES projects generally in $1M - $10M size with some projects approaching $30 – $40M. Proactively lead and control the execution of process automation projects to meet customer’s cost, schedule, and quality of deliverables while adhering to Project Management Office project execution processes.
- Accountable for Project initiation, planning, execution, control and closure of assigned projects
- Proactively managing project risk through collaboration with project team and customer.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimating, scheduling, resource loading and project procurement activities.
- Participate in proposal development and review meetings as requested; estimating project management and project controls efforts, developing preliminary schedule, develop project execution strategy and perform risk assessment for proposals.
- Leading and coordination of the Project Team through all phases of the Project Life-cycle, as required (Front-end Engineering & Scope Development, Detail Design & Implementation, Construction, Commissioning and Startup). As the key interface between Management and the project team, the Project Manager will lead periodic project reviews with Management.
- Manage project scope and financial health through management of change processes.
- Moderate travel will be expected as necessary to support customer meetings, design / review meetings, design information gathering, construction support, check-out/commissioning, GMP Qualification and startup/hot cutover.
- BS Degree in a related engineering or computer science field (e.g. Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical, Chemical, Computer Science, Information Technology)
- Minimum 6 years industry experience with 3 years managing or leading automation and/or MES projects
- Technical knowledge of industrial control systems
- Life Sciences control system and/or MES experience with knowledge of various hardware products, technologies and services deployed for process control system and MES projects. Typical project technologies include products such as DeltaV, Syncade MES, FOUNDATION fieldbus and AMS (Asset Management System), plus possible interfaces with existing systems.
- Deployment experience with Digital Control System (DCS) and/or plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions
- Experience with Life Sciences Processes and/or typical MES applications in the life sciences industry
- Possess excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills enabling professional communication and presentation accuracy with customer and organizational leadership.
- Adept in working with third party contractors and have proven ability to convey a professional image while building and sustaining customer relationships.
- Have excellent business acumen with a clear understanding of Revenue/Cost/Profit, be experienced in managing both fixed price and reimbursable projects, and comfortable with meeting with management reporting financials and project performance metrics.
- Must be comfortable in an operating plant environment and possess the ability to negotiate staircases, ladders, scaffolding and catwalks, etc.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, be highly organized, capable of prioritizing and assigning work in a project team environment with interdisciplinary teams of different backgrounds often distributed in different geographic locations in the world.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or, Master of Business Administration degree a plus.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, be able to work with minimum supervision and have effective communication skills.