We are currently seeking an experienced Process Control Senior Engineer for a direct opportunity with a pharmaceutical/ life science company.
Available positions are located in Philadelphia, PA/ Durham, NC Area/ Austin, TX / Hillsboro, OR.
The Senior Engineer position will perform/lead the design, implementation, testing and startup of Process Control Systems for clients in the life sciences and related industries. Senior Engineers are key members of a diverse team of professionals developing solutions for some of the most complex automation challenges. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of batch and continuous process control strategies deployed in the life sciences industry.
Successful Senior Engineers participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a collaborative, customer facing role. Additionally, they work closely with the Project Manager and technical team to meet requirements for quality, budget and schedule. Travel to various customer project sites is required.
- Lead or work on a project team responsible for the design, configuration and testing of continuous and batch control strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, and review the work of a project team (or a subset of the team).
- Work with customer’s process engineers to develop functional requirements.
- Participate in the start-up of complex systems at the client facility.
- Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management.
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team and the client.
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the framing and quoting of projects.
- Act as a mentor for individuals within the engineering organization.
- Position will require travel.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 6 years of overall process control engineering experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working on complex batch process control projects in the Life Sciences Industry. Experience must include leading all or part of an automation project, working with customers to create functional requirements, designing control strategies and providing startup support at site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (one to two weeks) project meetings, training and other business events.
- Ability to travel for temporary assignments (domestic and international) away from the home office (e.g. customer project sites.) Typical travel assignments range from two to six months at a time or 25% to 75% of total time per year. Travel for extended assignments greater than one year is possible. (In some cases, periodic return trips home are available during travel assignments.)
- Design and implementation experience using the DeltaV process control system on Life Sciences projects.