We are currently seeking an experienced Process Control Lead Engineer for a direct opportunity with a pharmaceutical/ life science company.
Available positions are located in Philadelphia, PA and Durham, NC area.
The Process Control Technical Lead will lead the design, implementation, testing and startup of Process Control Systems in the life sciences and related industries.. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of batch and continuous process control strategies deployed in the life sciences industry.
The successful candidate will work with both internal and external (customer) project teams. Participation in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a collaborative, customer facing role. Additionally, they work closely with the Project Manager and technical team to meet requirements for quality, budget and schedule. Travel to various project sites is required for requirements gathering, client meetings, engineering support and startup, as required.
- Provide batch architect consulting for Life Science customers applying S95 and S88 project concepts.
- Work with customers to influence long-term automation plans and strategies, identify potential projects, explain the clients products and services capabilities and frame those projects including financial justification.
- Work with customers and project teams to solve complex automation problems requiring Life Science and Pharmaceutical industries expertise.
- Work with customers to develop project methodologies that will enhance their standards.
- Lead project teams responsible for the design, configuration and testing f continuous and batch control strategies.
- Plan, coordinate and review the work of a project team.
- Work with customer’s process engineers to develop functional requirements.
- Participate in the start-up of complex systems at the client facility.
- Understand the project scope and financials; identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management.
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management and the client.
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Act as a mentor for individuals within the engineering organization.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years of overall process control engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years working on complex batch process control projects including implementation in a DCS or PLC in the Life Sciences industry. Experience must include leading a large automation project, working with customers to create functional requirements, designing control strategies and providing startup support at site
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to project locations (typically 6 to 8 weeks but can be several months.)
- Experience working on projects requiring FDA validation.
- Design and implementation experience using DeltaV on Life Sciences projects