We are currently seeking a ES&H Supervisor for a direct position with a leading midstream services firm in Watford City, ND. Our client owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets.
This person works to ensure the company business goals are achieved while ensuring compliance which requires an individual who can collaborate with Operations, Engineering, and Commercial personnel. The ES&H Supervisor has the roll of working closely with operations to help them understand the requirements and find processes and solutions to ensure compliance and continuous improvement. The ES&H Supervisor has to also understand the business and the goals of the organization in order to drive effective communication both up and down the chain of command.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Management and development of Safety and ES&H Specialists and/or other ES&H Personnel.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable OSHA, PHMSA, EPA, TCEQ, Federal, State, and Local Requirements.
- Ensuring that new or modified legal and regulatory initiatives are identified and implemented.
- Ensuring incidents are investigated and work order and action items are completed.
- Ensuring new programs which meet changing legal and regulatory requirements are developed and implemented.
- Assuring the Business Units are sufficiently trained and supported regarding compliance needs and programs.
- Ensuring compliance with existing programs through reporting and audits.
- Ensuring necessary and proper permits are acquired.
- Participating in all Root Cause or similar Investigations
- Assuring that a good working relationship is maintained with Regulatory Agencies.
- Participating in the development and execution of strategic environmental health and safety programs and objective-setting for the organization;
- Communicating regularly with key stakeholders on the status of facility compliance issues and helps drive solutions to those issues;
- Participating in company advocacy efforts.
- A college degree, and/or 5 years of directly related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and leading formal safety programs
- The physical ability to be in the plant to perform inspections and audits.
- Proficient in various computer applications including MS Office, MS Outlook, and Internet access.
- The ability to successfully pass any HAZWOPER training required for this position including use of SCBA.
- Effective communication skills to work closely with regulators, inspectors, and all levels of personnel.
- Ability to travel away overnight periodically, as needed, for training or company events.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Preferred consideration will be given for CSP, ASP, CIH or other degreed professional certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry, can include consulting where it included extended onsite assignments..
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the client facilities.
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) experience.
- OSHA PSM general knowledge and experience.