We are currently seeking a Pipeline Construction Manager for a direct assignment with a global Engineering, Procurement, and Construction company based out of Santiago, Chile.
Must be bilingual***
The Pipeline Construction Manager will be assigned to the Construction functional group to provide guidance & direction to one or more disciplines w/in project & Construction engineering groups. When assigned to the jobsite, candidate will act as Construction Manager & will be responsible for the organization & supervision of construction & related activities within the Pipeline Area, both pipelines: make- up water & concentrate. This includes the supervision of the Construction Camps, Right of Way mass earthworks, excavations & backfill, laydowns & warehousing, pipeline installation & pump stations.
Candidate will report to the Senior Project Site Manager and will be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities.
- Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of company, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization & material & equipment requirements.
- Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for administration of assigned areas contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Monitors reports and correspondence and advises supervisor of existing or anticipated problem areas and may recommend appropriate action.
- Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
- Ensures that Company and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Incident.
- Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations.
- Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent in jobsite supervisory positions.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures, as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
- Must be bilingual
- Detailed onshore pipeline experience
- Have prior Construction experience in South America, with Network of Construction Professionals
- All applicants must have right to work and remain in Chile