We are currently seeking a Operations Specialist for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Mansfield, TX.
The Operations Specialist is responsible for the monitoring and operation of plant process equipment used in the manufacturing process. The incumbent evaluates the unit’s operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The incumbent documents various operating parameters and maintains communication with others inside and outside of their department. The incumbent also monitors maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. This position receives direction from a production supervisor and support from the process specialist, maintenance and technical personnel.
Essential Functions include:
- Maintaining the flow of the correct raw materials to the batch station as specified in each work order and as directed by the Machine Operator.
- Maintaining the weights of rubber and manually added ingredients within our control limits.
- Correctly packaging finished goods to railcars, bulk trailers and boxes in accordance with established work instructions.
- Monitoring quality of the finished goods products.
- Maintaining housekeeping in accordance with established standards in all areas of the batch station, packaging area, and AO/UV Blend area.
- Producing and packaging AO/UV Blends in accordance with the work order.
- Operating all company equipment in accordance with established operating and safety procedures.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 1-4 years working knowledge of plant operations
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Knowledgeable and experienced in plant operations
- Experience running machines/equipment in a plant environment
- Ability to operate Forklift
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift (days and nights)
- Ability to lift 75 pounds on a continuous basis
- Ability to climb to heights of 25 feet on a rail-car or bulk truck
- Ability to climb to heights of 78 feet on a material silo
- Must be able to tolerate working environment with inside ambient temperatures, including excessive heat and cold
- Requires (Near/Far/Color/Depth) vision to drive forklift, work at control panel and identify material warning labels and other product labels
- Requires tolerance of standing posture up to (10hr.), over (12 hr.)