We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Process Engineer for a leading engineering and manufacturing company based in Houston, TX. With operations in over seven regions around the world, our client’s expertise encompasses field production facilities, compression and natural gas processing plants, CO processing plants, refrigeration systems and electric power equipment serving the natural gas production industry.
The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for developing, detailing and finalizing technical project designs to include leading others. Assist and guide both Applications and Project Engineers in developing Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, and generation of Major Equipment Data Sheets. Expert in mid-stream gas processing including, but not limited to hydrocarbon treating, recovery, fractionation, and dehydration. Extensive knowledge in cryogenic hydrocarbon recovery.
The principle duties and responsibilities of the Senior Process Engineer will be:
- Developing or guiding others in developing simulations in HYSYS and/or PROMAX for hydrocarbon treating, recovery, fractionation, and dehydration based on customer specifications.
- Sizing or guiding others in sizing of the equipment needed to process the gas.
- Coordinating with customers to optimize the gas processing solutions being offered by Sales and Applications.
- Leading internal design activities and technical decisions to support applications and project engineering.
- Developing or leading others in developing Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, and Major Equipment Data Sheets.
- Attending internal and external meeting as the company’s technical expert. These include, but are not limited to kick off meetings, design reviews, HAZOPs, Control Reviews, etc.
- Chemical engineering or engineering technology degree and/or equivalent background
- 15 or more years’ experience as a Gas Processing Engineer or equivalent experience, packaging experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with HYSYS, PROMAX or similar simulation software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in cryogenic hydrocarbon recovery.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Solid customer oriented skills (communicator, explainer).
- Expert knowledge of the equipment used in our products.
- Familiarity with applicable North American industry codes and standards.
- Ability to effectively use a computer to complete work