We are currently looking for a Geo Technician for a prominent international Operator in Anchorage, Alaska. Our client is the 4th largest exploration and production company worldwide, with operations in more than 30 countries and assets of $160 billion.
The Geo Technician will be working with the clients Geoscience group.
- Geoscience related database management.
- Providing computer-assisted geologic support to G&RE staff.
- Generating and interpreting maps to assist with evaluations.
- Tracking and reporting progress of 3rd party drilling and completion activity.
- Serving as a liaison between the asset team and various industry partners in order to obtain requested geologic and engineering data associated with 3rd party wells.
- Managing petrophysical, geochemical, core, cuttings and fluid data in an active development play.
- Creating and maintains databases for geologic and engineering data.
- Making QC’d and processed data readily available to end-users.
- Loading and formating data into critical databases (Petrel, Opeworks, Techlog).
- Liaison with other support teams to update development team maps.
- Acting as a go-to resource for spatial analyses that are required by team members.
- Creating and maintaining geoscience, engineering and industry activity maps in ArcGIS.
- Updating well performance data in ArcGIS for existing and planned wells on a routine basis.
- Acting as a DSM coordinator and support for the team.
- Coordinating submittal of hard copy of well logs for digitizing and rasterizing.
- Performing routine tasks.
- 5-7 years of experience. Intermediate to senior level.
- Knowledge of specific systems (Petrel, Openworks, ArcGIS), terminology and procedures used within the department.
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.