We are currently seeking an I&E Designer for a contract opportunity with a prominent company based in Tulsa, OK.
The I&E Designer conducts complex design assignments for the Engineering Department and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced design concepts.
- Developing I&E Engineering Standards.
- Defining Projects by determining project objectives, selecting technical strategies and providing technical assistance to the business unit(s)
- Planning Projects by writing work scopes, developing schedules.
- Following construction of Electrical / Instrumentation Projects (with Engineering approval)
- Implementing Projects by monitoring performance, taking corrective actions, providing feedback to project.
- Solving technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s)
- Ensuring the maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Conducting research to support engineering in the development of electrical distribution and process controls
- Designing and planing layouts necessary for the installation of electrical and instrumentation as directed by engineering.
- Determining most effective arrangement of Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls; such as Burner Management, Safety Instrumented Systems, and Power Distribution Equipment
- Investigating and resolves work-in-process problems
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- Developing one line diagrams with emphasis on high voltage consistent with NFPA 70E (arc flash)
- Experience working with ETAP or similar programs for managing Arc Flash data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent amount of experience is required.
- 8 years of progressive work experience in electrical, instrumentation & controls is required. Emphasis on controls engineering and power distribution is required. With a minimum of 1 year developing medium and high voltage systems with record keeping consistent with arc flash.
- The program used to manage the requirements of NFPA 70E is ETAP, experience using this or similar programs used to manage arc flash analysis desired.
- Refinery or petrochemical industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to manage a project is essential.
- Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically.
- Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential.
- Technical experience in medium and high voltage systems development.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Experience with the record keeping requirements of arc flash and the systems used to maintain the data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software is preferred.