We are currently seeking an Estimator III for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Channelview, TX.
The Estimator III will assists in the development and evaluation of project opportunities by determining cost and schedule estimates for project scopes of work.
-Preparing conceptual estimates of cost and schedule during early phases of project development.
-Reviewing detailed estimates prepared by engineering and / or construction contractors.
-Assuring estimate basis is accurately defined through the review of technical documents (specification, drawings, etc.) site visits and team interviews.
-Participating in project team meetings to support project development.
-Maintaining cost estimate log data.
-Entering estimate information into electronic data base.
-Reviewing contractor change orders and recommend approval/rejection.
-Facilitating or participating in project risk management planning.
- 7+ years of construction or maintenance estimating and budget preparation experience.
- College Degree Preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience of industry estimating methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of factors affecting cost, i.e., contracting strategies, labor markets, regulations, policies, standards & specifications, etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer software including Windows and Microsoft Office Suite and industry cost engineering programs (Icarus, Questimate, Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Experience working with project cost data bases.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and challenge premises in a positive manner.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word Processing, and PowerPoint Knowledge and experience with estimating software.