We are currently seeking an Electrical Designer with extensive AutoCad Electrical experience for a long- term contract opportunity with a prominent Houston- based manufacturing solutions company.
The drafter/designer will use computer-aided design (CAD) software to generate technical drawings that include assembly layouts and electrical schematics as designed by engineering or the customer.
The Drafter is responsible for production drafting & design functions which include:
- Creating production drawing package based on engineering input.
- Developing or modifying design plans, assembly layouts and schematics using field notes/sketches, engineering drawings and customer-provided CAD files.
- Working cooperatively with the engineering team to resolve documentation & design related questions.
- Finalizing design documentation at the completion of production to represent the “As-Built” configuration
- Ensuring that the design and drafting details are accurate and clearly conveyed on drawings such as dimensions, materials and procedures.
- Ensuring that the designs meet the drafting standards and fundamental practices pertaining to electrical design.
- Creating parts lists and production documents for assembly within the material handling and production planning system.
- Standardization. Maintaining the standard template library and apply templates consistently from project to project.
- 3+ years working with AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience working in engineering design and drafting environment.
- Experience doing control panel layouts preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCad Electrical design software required
- Strong command of English language; highly proficient in spoken and written English
- AutoCAD Electrical proficiency as well as experience making blocks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to read and understand assembly layouts and electrical schematics.
- Demonstrate flexibility in small company environment, ability to work independently