We are currently looking for a HSE Specialist for a prominent international Operator in Kuparuk, Alaska. Our client is the 4th largest exploration and production company worldwide, with operations in more than 30 countries and assets of $160 billion.
The HSE Specialist will be responsible for:
- Providing safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards.
- Performing tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.
- Assisting in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area.
- Working with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place.
- Participating in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Ensuring HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, rig inspections, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes.
- Be a functional expert in most health, safety, and environmental disciplines.
- Daily HSE Support for D&Ws organization to include intervention well work and drilling activities.
- 7-8+ years of experience
- Knowledge of well intervention and/or drilling equipment is a plus.