We are currently seeking a Supply Chain - SAP Master Data Specialist for a prominent E&P based company in Minot, ND. A global Operator, our client specializes in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
SAP Master Data Standardization for Technical Objects with reference to recently introduced Golden Standards. The proposed services shall involve standardization of master data pertaining to technical objects as prescribed in the Golden Standards for Master data. The proposed services shall be applicable for the client operated assets of SAP Planning Plant ND01 Upstream including Wells, Multiwell Sites, and Facilities.
The position duties and responsibilities are as follows:
The SAP PE1 Master data for technical objects pertaining to ND01 maintenance plant in SAP is inconsistent with respect:
- Object Identification
- Mapped Superior order equipment or superior functional locations
The Golden Standard rules are now introduced for Technical Objects to:
- Prescribe the equipment/ instrument and accessories installed on field to be maintained as Equipment or Object Part
- Recommends a uniform hierarchy to structure the Technical objects in SAP
- Recommends potential superior equipment for objects based on its process and functions
The implementation of Golden standards for master data requires to create an Interim Database and harmonize and remediate identified data defects. This statement of work provisions to depute an Engineer in the role of database administrator cum data solutions engineer. The deputed Data Solutions engineers shall have skill sets and required knowledge about upstream and midstream equipment/ instrument and hands on experience in handling large data volume and data integrity. It is also expected to update the cleansed and enriched data in SAP PE1 environment.
The following forms the roles and responsibilities of the database administrator cum data solutions engineer,
- Create a database of the current PE1 objects
- Create database schema aligning to LSMW programs and the load templates for SAP
- Create quality rulesets according to the golden standards and identify gap between the current master data and the recommendation in golden standards for midstream
- Identify object parts within the hierarchy of Equipment under well sites. Identified object parts maintained as equipment to be dismantled and moved to the place holder under the wellsite placeholder for dismantled / deleted equipment functional location.
- If an object is identified to be dismantled, verify whether the object has any relationship to the following
- Linked to a maintenance item – Object will be removed from the object list
- Open work orders – Update object list
- Existing bills of materials – identify relevant functional location or equipment and move the spares/ bills of materials
- Currently the sort field in equipment and functional location master is populated with a prefix of superior equipment. This shall be harmonized to have actual Tag ID
- The inventory number field of Equipment and functional locations are populated with P&ID Numbers and the technical identification number is populated with 15 Character unique Well identifier for equipment pertaining to well and the shared equipment with Well pad identifier. This shall be verified for its consistency and when observed with any inconsistencies or missing information, this shall be cross verified with associated P&IDs.
- Verify the mapped superior order equipment or superior functional location to object for its consistency with Golden rules.
- Build short description in consistent to prescribed golden rules
- Review the catalog profile and object type assigned to objects and compare with what is prescribed in golden rules
- If any inconsistencies are observed in object type and catalog profile assignment report to Technical Authorities
- Create a Template of criticality matrix for wellsite objects with respect to its function and type. Coordinate with Technical Authorities for their acceptance and update criticality of equipment and functional location with respect to approved matrix
- Harmonize the manufacturer name assigned for technical objects with list of approved manufacturer names
- Review and update Classification and characteristics of objects for its consistency and correctness.
- If an object is mandated to have a digital measurement point due to its assigned criticality ranking, create digital measurement points.
- If an object is lowered on its criticality rank and if it is currently maintained with a digital measurement point, deactivate the measurement point.
- Research and report equipment repair history in SAP, WO assigned, Task list components to figure out spares needed for BOM
- Research and Acquire:
o Equipment manufacturer operations & maintenance manuals
o Equipment drawings and parts breakdowns
o Equipment supplier / manufacturer recommended spare parts lists
o Equipment / parts supplier lead time and pricing information
- Perform site visits/ plant visits to acquire information from name plates of equipment/ tags
- Assist with equipment Bill of Material validation for BoMs components currently loaded in SAP (Perform Gap with Actual requirement)
- Research and identify existing MM# in SAP, Perform Material cataloguing for new create and enrichment for existing if incomplete MM# characteristic
- Assist with facilitation of equipment Repair & Spares Strategy development activities