We are currently seeking a SAP Functional Developer for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Houston, TX.
The SAP APO DP / PPDS position is responsible for delivery of global SAP solutions within the supported process areas. This position engages a global team of highly effective functional developers and Demand business partners to provide daily operational support as well as solution implementation for enhancements and projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with ITS Demand business partners and business client personnel to understand APO DP and PPDS requirements and provide the technology to support these processes.
- Based on requirements submitted by the business, develop detailed functional and technical specifications for changes to the SAP APO and ECC systems.
- Primarily responsible for implementation of SAP Advanced Planning Optimizer, Demand Planning and Production Planning Detailed Scheduling
- Understand and follow all relevant standard IT processes and procedures.
- Perform configuration mainly for the DP module and some knowledge of the PPDS module including integrated components within APO and any integration with ECC
- Consult with ABAP developers and provide technical specs to develop customized solutions.
- Consult with other custom code developers and provide technical specs for interfaced solutions.
- Perform unit testing of changes (configuration, custom development, etc.) in development and staging environments, including regression testing of functionality that may be impacted by change.
- Coordinate long chain testing where appropriate of changes (configuration, custom development, etc.) in development and staging environments.
- Provide input and suggestions based on knowledge of area of responsibility.
- Provide prototypes of new functionality based on client needs.
- Provide ad hoc training and knowledge to business super users as required in run and maintain activities, such as remedial training, issue resolution, etc
- 10+ years SAP experience required.
- Mandatory early or late hours sometimes are required for meetings with European and Asian personnel.
- Availability to work mandatory overtime.