Bergaila has great plans for the future — and they could include you!
As a team member at Bergaila, you enjoy excellent compensation and benefits, outstanding work environments, and opportunity for professional growth.
We welcome inquiries from qualified candidates who possess a curiosity for new experiences, a willingness to perform to high standards, a commitment to customer service excellence.
The Bergaila Companies
The Bergaila Companies, a privately held companies headquartered in Houston, TX, is a leading supplier of contract engineering/technical staffing services to many of the world’s most prestigious oil and gas, engineering and construction, and oil field supply and service companies. Founded in 1987, we have earned a reputation for service excellence to both our client companies and employees. At Bergaila we view our customers as our partners and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract staffing and direct placement needs of each organization we serve. Since 1992, we have demonstrated our ability to meet the unique contingent staffing requirements in Alaska of our E&P and Engineering/Construction company customers within Alaska’s oil and gas industry.
The Branch Manager position is located in Anchorage and will require occasional travel throughout Alaska. The Branch Manager:
- Is account management and customer relationship focused
- Strives for profitable growth of the branch by meeting the service needs of existing and perspective customers
- Will enhance the Bergaila market position in the industry by acquiring new customers and developing and executing strategic sales plans
- Is experienced with the labor requirements for engineering and construction activities within the local oil and gas industry
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Increase sales and profit margin within the geographical market
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars
- Work closely with Corporate Management Team to develop retention and growth strategies
- Establish professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts
- Create and present effective proposals to current and prospective customers
- Attract, interview, and screen new candidates for Alaska assignments
- Oversees the day to day operations of the branch office
- Self- motivated with a strategic mindset
- Must have the ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills
- Industry knowledge specific to contingent staffing for engineering and construction disciplines within the oil and gas industry of Alaska and the North Slope
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Business, or Human Resources (Engineering or technical degree preferred), experience considered in lieu of degree
- 10+ years of successful human resources, business development, project or engineering/construction experience with an oil and gas operating company of engineering/construction firm