We are currently seeking a Transmission Engineer for a direct opportunity in Austin, TX. Our client is a leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries.
The Transmission Engineer performs engineering work with a focus on transmission line design including both civil and electrical practices.
- Generating cost effective design for high voltage electrical transmission lines
- Representing the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
- Attending meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
- Monitoring team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
- Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently
- Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
- Project Engineer level individuals will ensure that projects meet quality and schedule objectives
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
- Other duties as requires
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degrees, from an accredited university.
- Experience in transmission line design; successful candidates will have at least 3 years; experience in transmission line design with more senior level positions requiring 7 years or more in hands on design.
- Senior level applicants must be a licensed professional engineer with ability to become licensed in multiple states or must be able to gain license within one year of hire.
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs in an EPC environment
- Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc
- Knowledge and understanding of structure and foundation design
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
- Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Effective oral and written communication skills