We are currently seeking a Process Controls Engineer for an independent refiner based out of Gallup, NM. Our client operates out of seven refineries in the western United States with a combined capacity of 675,000 barrels per day and an annual revenue of $33 billion in 2012.
The Process Controls Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing process controls engineering and design support to Major Projects at the Refinery in accordance with direction from Process Controls Lead
- Supporting process controls execution strategy for major projects ensuring standards and best practices are used by contractors and internal person - Ensuring appropriate application of specifications and testing, documentation, and project commissioning of all process controls project strategies to meet expectations of internal customers.
- Providing guidance to ensure the quality of the automation portion of major projects as well as ensuring the designs meet specifications, best practices, and are safe to install and operate
- Acting as the liaison between the internal process controls engineers and contractor engineering specialists to assure major project automation objectives are achieved
- Knowledgeable in DCS Systems (preferably Honeywell), PLCs, SCADA, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Instruments, Analyzers, and Process Control Networks
- Knowledge of Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) Studies
- Interacting and facilitates action with multifunctional teams, both internal and external to Andeavor. Interaction may include, but is not limited to, Process Engineering, Process Controls Engineering, Prepare to Operate, Maintenance, Reliability, Procurement, and IT Teams
- Responsible to review project documentation, drawings, equipment specifications, HAZOP and LOPA requirements, Management of Change (MOC) requirements, Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS), Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) requirements, and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) requirements
- Supporting commissioning and start-up process controls activities, including installation, startup, and cut over of the DCS System
- 10 years of experience in Process Controls
- Experience in small-mid cap size Downstream projects (Refinery or Petrochemical)
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, problem solver, and results oriented