We are currently seeking a Operations Technician for a direct position with a leading midstream services firm in Wink, TX. Our client owns, operates, acquires and develops midstream energy assets.
• Operate and maintain terminal facilities including: tanks, pumps, LACTs, valves and terminal piping, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products and custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers.
• Operation of manual and automatic valves, meters, pumps, loading stations and transfer systems
• Inspects pumps, valves and equipment for proper operation and performs general facility maintenance as needed.
• Responsible for reporting, troubleshooting, and correcting, abnormal operating conditions.
• Ensure the safe operation of the terminal; maintain awareness for personal and co-workers safety, and ensure knowledge and compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Performs all monthly DOT inspections, including tankage, fire extinguisher, firewater pump, etc. and ensures associated records are completed.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and Reliable Attendance.