We are currently seeking a Quality Manager to work with one of North America's largest refinery/petrochemical companies. This position is a long-term contract oppotunity and will be based out of our client's Houston, TX office.
Quality Manager of project/construction site; responsible for implementation of the site quality program and supervision of inspection personnel for oversight of all contractors.
- Facilitate the development and effective implementation of project construction quality management systems by the Project Construction Team in a manner that meets both Company and contractual requirements.
- Manage construction process verification and product inspection and testing programs in accordance with criticality assessments and contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Manage construction quality support functions including construction quality planning, preventive action, inspection, non-conformance control, corrective action, audits and quality reporting and review.
- B.S. (or higher) degree in relevant Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience associated with Construction Management in Refining/Petrochemical environment required.
- Relevant field experience in quality project management required.
- Lead Project Quality Program in Capital Projects greater than $500 MM preferred.
- Previous experience in all phases of construction from site preparation work through commissioning.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Quality Management and the implementation and improvement of construction quality management systems.
- Experience in developing a construction surveillance program for multiple sub-contractors on an onshore project.
- Experience of managing a team of quality practitioners.
- Manages single, less complex function; Responsible for the daily administration of company policies and processes in order for the functional group to meet business objectives; Adapts to organizational plans in order to set direction for work teams; Requires broad knowledge of at least one functional area within the organization;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as able to lead others through effective management and leadership skills.
- Participates in solving difficult technical issues requiring a broad knowledge related to functional responsibilities; Solutions are derived from available resources provided internally through senior leaders and established policies and procedures.