We are currently seeking an experienced Senior to Lead Level Vessel Engineer for a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction.
The Lead Vessel Engineer is responsible for design, engineering, project management and technicaldirection for new equipment projects; and for evaluation, cost estimates and repairs for aftermarket projects. Perform complex calculations and be able to demonstrate understanding of underlying principles. Performs avariety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of projects. Use creativity and objectivity toperform studies and technical activities to arrive at the most cost-effective, reliable technical solution. May also support procurement and construction phases or projects with engineering knowledge and experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide technical management for new equipment projects, including project tracking, inspections, documentcontrol, and coordination of supplier activities throughout the project.
- Review customer specifications and assist with preparing proposals for equipment refurbishment andtechnical descriptions for sales agreements. Work with design teams on equipment, including high pressure,high temperature reactors, pumps, and auxiliary piping and peripheral components.
- Coordinate supplier activities on equipment projects, including the design, scope, schedule, quality, andtechnical issues.
- Provide customer support related to equipment, especially concerning maintenance, reliability, andmechanical integrity issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required. .
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in pressure vessel design and/or rotating equipment is desirable.
- Familiarity with ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2 codes is a plus.