We are currently seeking a Messaging and Collaboration Engineer for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Houston, TX.
The Messaging and Collaboration Engineer will be working to support an enterprise workforce with leading edge collaboration technologies. Globally supporting messaging, collaboration and mobility applications. 24/7, 365 support to ensure mission critical resources are fully available. Exchange, Lync, Office365 and MobileIron serve as the core of this team’s daily activities. Reliability is a continuous focus with an emphasis on resilience.
- High level proficiency with setting up and managing Server 2008 and higher (virtual and physical)
- End to End ownership of the Office 365 - Exchange Online, Office 365 - Onboarding, Content Migrations and Manage Services across all O365 offerings.
- Stay current with new Microsoft conferencing/collaboration technologies and architectures.
- Participate in risk management and quality management working with the respective teams
- Provide top tier support to assigned technical escalations and provide resolution as needed.
- Working knowledge of IT Network Infrastructure concepts: DNS, IP Addressing, routing
- Solid understanding of Information Technology infrastructure/network components including, but not limited to, LAN/WAN, Network Load Balancing, Security devices, SAN/NAS.
- Monitors servers and services according to scheduled maintenance procedures. Leads and/or performs scheduled diagnostics and maintenance.
- On a rotating basis, provides after hour escalation coverage to respond to system problems occurring either before or after support hours.
- Perform operational role on migrations, upgrade and roll out projects in our global messaging, collaboration and mobility environment.
- Serve as liaison between company management, project sponsors, users and other IT personnel to communicate issues regarding overall operations status and strategy.
- 5+ years of operational level experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 and Microsoft Office 365.
- Hands on experience designing and implementing Microsoft Exchange environments.
- Experience with messaging/collaboration/mobility application specific monitoring/planning tools: UCCS, SCOM,
- Ability to work with the business on Messaging and Collaboration initiatives for business related product deployment, providing future direction and roadmaps on supported technologies.
- Ability to collect data from various data sources (SQL, Log Files, etc.), develop reports and present dashboard views of health. Following the company change management policies, leads system modifications, upgrades, and software updates as identified and required in correlation with fellow team members and cross team engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, identify creative and alternative solutions, and communicate best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills