We are currently seeking a P&ID Designer for a contract opportunity with a prominent multinational chemical company in Houston, TX.
The P&ID Designer will be responsible for:
- Creation of initial layout and drafting of intelligent P&IDs and PFDs as well as ongoing modification of intelligent P&IDs to meet company standards
- Checking and verifying accuracy of piping, equipment, and instrumentation information
- Identify project information deficiencies required to complete the P&ID design
- Communicate effectively with project engineers and project designers
- Identify scope changes during a given task cycle with the ability to measure its impact upon current tasks
- Perform support related tasks such as printing deliverables, creating PDFs of approved drawings, running reports of the database
- Maintain task status communication with project staff and management
- Works directly with project designers, project engineers.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Performing P&ID As-Built from fabrication shop mark-ups.
- Proficient using AutoCAD 2014 or later.
- Proficient using CADWorx P&ID 2014.
- Basic understanding of P&ID symbols. P&ID drawing layouts.
- Associate’s Degree in ME, Drafting, or related field with three to five years experience in development of intelligent P&ID’s, PFDs from engineering mark-ups, sketches.
- Trained in CADWorx P&ID 2016.