We are currently seeking a Pressure Vessel Designer for a leading engineering and manufacturing company based in Houston, TX. With operations in over seven regions around the world, our client’s expertise encompasses field production facilities, compression and natural gas processing plants, CO processing plants, refrigeration systems and electric power equipment serving the natural gas production industry.
The Pressure Vessel Designer is responsible for the producing 3-D models and fabrication drawings of pressure vessels to meet the requirements of ASME Sect. VIII, Div. 1, company standards and customer specifications.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Producing solid models of pressure vessels per applicable company/customer specifications, ASME Code calculations, vessel sketches and other engineering data.
- Producing pressure vessel fabrication drawings with applicable details, bills of material and notes from the solid models.
- Interacting with Project Engineers and Project Designers to facilitate integration of pressure vessels into the overall projects.
- Providing technical assistance to other departments when needed.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the design and drafting of Pressure Vessels.
- Proficient at 3D modeling in AutoCAD 2017.
- Proficient in the use of CADWorx Plant 2017.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of ASME Sect. VIII, Div. 1 and ASME Code calculations.
- Basic understanding of how pressure vessels are constructed.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.