We are currently seeking an experienced Heat Transfer Engineer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Heat Transfer Engineer is primarily responsible for thermal design and reviewing, understanding and implementing heat transfer equipment specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Requisitioning of all heat transfer-related equipment including shell and tubes, air coolers, multi-tubes hairpin, plate and frame, cooling towers and boilers
- Performing vendor document and drawing reviews; completing vendor data reviews of heat transfer equipment
- Preparing technical specifications for heat transfer equipment
- Overseeing the technical evaluation of bids; preparing technical bid tabs and clarifications
- Performing thermal and mechanical calculations
- Preparing equipment data sheets
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience with design and fabrication of shell, tube and air cooled heat exchangers, with prior work on EPC, LNG projects strongly preferred
- Proficiency using HTRI and RCS software a plus